Question of the Month: How many Biblical Scholars will skip out on this year’s SBL/AAR meetings in San Diego to catch a few waves and hit the sushi bars? Maybe some… For those who will mostly forego the beach here’s what is cooking at the conference for my interest:
- “Paul and the Apocalyptic Imagination” deBoer, Wright, Stuckenbruck, Ziegler, Gorman, Humphrey, Campbell, Gaventa, Barclay. What more could you ask for?
- “Miracles: Philosophic and Historical Plausibility” Keener with respondents, Webb and Bock.
- “Configuring Gender in Luke Acts” Green, Reid, Seim, Spencer, Wilson.
- Anniversary Presentation of “Comforting Whirlwind” with Bill McKibben (to present a plenary later)
- “Review of Jason D. BeDuhn’s ‘The First New Testament’”.
- “Plutarch and the New Testament Revisited”
- “History of Religions School Today – 2”
- Jimmy Carter “The Role of Religion in Mediating Conflicts and Imagining Futures: The Cases of Climate Change and Equality for Women”
Should be a great conference, and yes I plan to find sand and seafood at some point…you should too.